2 types of lashes

As a makeup artist and a regular false eyelash wearer, I get asked a lot about the different types of lashes. In this blog I will cover strip lashes and individual lashes.


***** strip lashes*****

Eyelash strips come in a variety of lengths and materials, they can look entirely natural while adding volume to natural lashes, or they can be dramatic. Strip lashes comes in different colors and lengths, they can last about 1 or 2 days. Adding strip lashes to the bottom lashes can spice up any makeup look.

*********Questions**********
Can you sleep in strip lashes? They can be worn over night, however, from my personal experience, strip lashes don't do well over night, either one would come off or they will be flat and lose their curve.

How much they cost? Since strip lashes come in a variety of brands and material ,the cost will vary. Inexpensive lashes can be purchased as low as $3.00 and expensive lashes can cost $20 +. 

Can I apply them my self? Yes, with a little practice .

Can I reuse them? Yes, they can be reused. I usually use mine a couple of time, once the glue is removed from the lashes , they will be good as new. 
Can I apply mascara to my false lashes? Yes, just be careful not to use to much, if you are planning to reuse them. There are products on the market that can remove mascara from false lashes.

Will I lose my real lashes? Be care while removing, and use the proper glue for strip lashes, your real lashes should be ok.

 


****** Individual lashes*****
Individual faux lashes differ from strips because they come in singular and tiny strands that can be added to your natural lashes strategically. individual lashes comes in different colors and lengths.
 Using individual lashes to fill in spaces is a great way to build up what you have without using an entire strip.

***** Question*****

How long do individual lashes last? They can last up to two weeks or more.
Can I apply them at home? yes and no! You can apply them at home, but I recommend that they be applied by a professional. 
Why? Individual lash glue dry rock hard and if it is not applied or removed right, it can result in lose of lashes.
Can lashes be applied with hair glue? Yes, you can,I prefer not too. I had a very bad reaction years ago, to hair glue while applying my individual lashes, now I only use lash glue on myself and my clients.
What type of lashes I prefer?  I am not a big fan of individual lashes, I am a strip lash lover, I love that I can take them off and apply them daily. 

enjoy your lashes!

Comments

  1. This is great! I would also be interested for you to talk about application of false lashes. I never know exactly where they're supposed to go and end up pulling out lashes. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! check out my facebook page..I will be doing a demo on have to apply lashes soon https://www.facebook.com/treesbeautyworld/

      Delete
  2. Yeah I also love strip lashes. They're fairly easy to apply and remove and really make my eyes pop. Great article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Strip lashes...though putting them overnight can be a big issue ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so here for some lashes to glam up a look! I started using them more recently this year and I am in love. Also, making sure to get the right lashes for your eye shape is important too. I have almond eyes so I cant use lashes that are too big or long or I look like I'm winking in pictures lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Individual lashes are a pain, strip ones much easier to apply.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you did this. I've been wanted to try it, I just bought some Kiss Blooming lashes because I heard they are very light... I'm going to try and apply them this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not tried them but wondered often about how they were applied how long they would last. I would like to try it though. Just to see how it makes my eyes look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a lash wearer and I do a mix of both individuals and a strip. It's all about placement and oils ect. I'm still figuring out the best way to make mine last.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woodlandhomesolution is proud to serve as expert Plumber In Lalitpur. We specialize in service, making sure your plumbing needs are always met.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment